David Ellefson Scandal and Megadeth Bassist Net Worth 2024

May 2024 · 3 minute read

David Ellefson Scandal: The world of heavy metal was rocked when former MEGADETH bassist David Ellefson found himself entangled in a sex scandal that ultimately led to his exit from the iconic band. Ellefson recently shared his side of the story with Metal Hammer magazine, shedding light on the incident that caused shockwaves throughout the music community.

Watch Latest Video on YouTube: Subscribe

David Ellefson Scandal

“There’s two sides to it. One: when you bare it all, you’ve got nothing to hide. Fuck it, now you can truly be yourself. We all come into the world with our birthday suit on, so what are we ashamed of? What I feel the worst about is the embarrassment that it caused some people, like my family, who didn’t deserve it. Out of respect for them, I’m going to keep the family dynamic off the table [during interviews]. That’s at their request,” expressed Ellefson.

See also  ÓRla Baxendale Death: Who Was ÓRla Baxendale? How Did She Die?

MEGADETH leader Dave Mustaine, in response to the scandal, took a decisive stance. “Dave, his manager, and his lawyer [called me after the scandal]. There was a sentiment from one of them saying, ‘Let’s step back, let Ellefson deal with it. It leaves the door open for him to come back.’ Dave didn’t want that. He made his decision and it is what it is,” Ellefson revealed.

Dealing with Controversy

At the time of the scandal, Ellefson vehemently denied social media chatter accusing him of “grooming” an underage fan. He took legal action, filing a report with the police department in Scottsdale, Arizona, alleging the unlawful distribution of sexually explicit images of him by unknown offenders.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by David Ellefson (@davidellefsonbass)

Mustaine’s Difficult Decision

In an interview with Metal Hammer, Mustaine discussed the challenging decision to dismiss Ellefson from MEGADETH. “I have made mistakes myself, and so I know what it feels like to have people gunning for you. But what we had to remember is that MEGADETH has a lot of moving parts to it. There are four bandmembers; you’ve got their families, their management companies, the agencies, all of their technicians and on and on and on,” Mustaine explained.

See also  Who is Von Miller Girlfriend? Von Miller Girlfriend Megan Denise Instagram Post, Von Miller Dating History, Von Miller Wife

“I can tell you I’ve made decisions in the past that were detrimental to the security of the band and I know what harm that caused,” he continued. “But I don’t want to be saying anything about anyone who is unable to defend themselves.”

“God, it’s so hard to tap-dance around this… Let me just say this — it was a hard decision that had to be made,” Mustaine added. “There were a lot of people involved and I had to make a decision, because unfortunately, when you’re the leader, you’re the one that has to suck it up and face the music.”

Megadeth Bassist David Ellefson Net Worth 2024

In conclusion, David Ellefson, once an integral part of Megadeth, is no longer associated with the band due to the scandal. Despite the challenges, Megadeth continues its musical journey with current members Dave Mustaine, James LoMenzo, Dirk Verbeuren, and Kiko Loureiro. Their net worths range from $3 million to $30 million, reflecting the diverse financial landscapes within the band.

See also  Married With Children Cast Amanda Bearse's Net Worth, and Salary

This scandal has not only impacted the personal lives of those involved but also tested the resilience of one of metal’s most iconic bands. As the dust settles, the future of Megadeth remains uncertain, and fans are left to ponder the legacy of a band that has weathered numerous storms throughout its illustrious career.

ncG1vNJzZmisn5muunrNmrCan16YvK57w5qtopxdmrmtscWspqdlo5iur7DApWSappRiuqazwJ2craBdl660v8isq2amlal6uLvRrZ9o